Department of Mathematics
U.S. Coast Guard Academy
CDR Andy Guedry graduated from the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in 1998 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering. His first assignment was serving as deck watch officer aboard CGC Valiant home-ported in Miami Beach, Florida.
In 2000, CDR Guedry attended Navy Flight School in Pensacola, Florida and became a pilot in the HU-25 Falcon, a fixed-wing, medium-range surveillance fan jet. He completed two operational aviation tours in the HU-25 at ATC Mobile, Alabama and Air Station Miami. In 2007, he joined the HU-25 Standardization Team in Mobile, Alabama as a flight examiner, training new pilots in the HU-25 and providing fleet-wide proficiency training and standardization. He has attained pilot qualifications on the HU-25 A/C/D aircraft and is a Federal Aviation Administration rated Airline Transport Pilot.
In 2011, CDR Guedry attended Georgia Institute of Technology and earned a Master of Science degree in Industrial Engineering. He currently teaches in and serves as the Assistant Head of the Department of Mathematics.
- M.S., Georgia Institute of Technology, Industrial Engineering, 2013
- B.S., U.S. Coast Guard Academy, Civil Engineering, 1998
- Swab Summer Math
- Calculus I
- Calculus II
- Calculus II (V)
- Multivariable Calculus
- History of the Coast Guard
- Game Theory and Applications
- FAA Private Pilot Ground School
- Coast Guard Commendation Medal (x2)
- Coast Guard Achievement Medal
- Coast Guard Letter of Commendation (x2)