Mathematics Department Scholarship 2013
- MacDonald, J., Frommer, I., and Karaesmen, I. (2013). Decision making in the beer game and supply chain performance. Operations Management Research, December 2013, Volume 6, Issue 3-4, pp 119-126.
- Frommer, I. (2013). Project-Based Learning in Sustainability and Operations Research presented at the combined Garden State Undergraduate Mathematics Conference and Spring Meeting of the New Jersey Chapter of the Mathematical Association of America (MAA), Felician College, Lodi, NJ.
- McLeod, J. (2013). Careers Using Mathematics panelist at the Conference for Undergraduate Women in Mathematics at the University of Nebraska, Jan 2013.
- McLeavey, J. (2013). Simulation textbook: Look While You LEAP: A Guide to Discrete Event Simulation. Three new sections: Validation of a Simulation, the Analysis of Variation (ANOVA), and the use of Promodel Resources were added. Eight other sections were revamped which increased the size of the textbook by 100 pages. Simulation with Risk Analysis Course, USCGA. Fall 2013.
- Chmielecki, R. (2013). White paper: An Assessment of the Coast Guard Academy Scholars Program with Respect to Mathematics Preparation. Oct 24, 2013.
- McGurer, M. (2013). Opening remarks for USCGA Cadet Research Symposium 2013.
- Frommer, I. (2013). Project-based learning in sustainability and operations research. Presented in online webinar hosted by ORComplete, Apr 24, 2013.
- McLeod, J. (2013). Presented “Complete Chaos is Impossible” at the CGA Center for Advanced Studies (CAS) Lunchtime Scholarship Seminar, January 2013.
- Adams, D. Hofschneider, F., Ressel, E. and Turner, N. (2013). HC-144 Fisheries Patrol Pattern Generation – An Application of the Prize-Collecting Traveling Salesman Problem. 2013 Capstone for Department of Mathematics, USCGA. Faculty advisors: Gudbrandsen, D., Crimmel, B. and . McGurer, M.
- Bastinck, H., Clifton, C., Kent, D, and Mack, J. (2012-2013) Marine Resource Frontier Risk Evaluation (Honors Advanced Research Project), Advanced Research Project cosponsored by USCG District 17 and DCO-X. Cadet Research Symposium, New London, CT. Faculty advisors: Krystinik, K., Vlietstra, L., Mrakovcich, K., Jackson, H. and Youngman, J.
- Bateson, P., Carroll, C. and Lozier, S. (2013). Analyzing Semi-Submersible Detection. 2013 Capstone for Department of Mathematics, USCGA. Faculty advisors: McLeavey, J., Rostowfske, C. and McGurer, M.
- Blatt, S., Boross, J., Massaro, M. and Sarkauskas, N. (2013). The Centralized Service Desk Staffing Analysis. 2013 Capstone for Department of Mathematics, USCGA. Faculty advisors: McGurer, M., Krystinik, K. and Steinhaus, M.
- Collins, K., Dupler, S., Rychtanek, R., and Vandehei, R. (2012-2013). African Maritime Law Enforcement Partnership (AMLEP) Assessment, Advanced Research Project sponsored by United States Africa Command. Cadet Research Symposium, New London, CT. Faculty advisors: Krystinik, K., LaMonica, C. and Youngman, J.
- Daleiden, J., Kennerley, G., Gerken, E. and Kidwell, J. (2013). WHEC 378 Cutter Maintenance. 2013 Capstone for Department of Mathematics, USCGA. Faculty advisors: Johnson, E. and McGurer, M.
- Dorsey, C., Hohenberger, S. Kenis, E. and Leavitt, P. (2013). Markov Chain Analysis of Coast Guard Senior Officer Promotion Flow. 2013 Capstone for Department of Mathematics, USCGA. Faculty advisors: Sebastian, K., Estabrooks, C. and McGurer, M.
- Freeman, K., Horstick, A., Johnson, S., and Maio, J. (2013). USCG Aids to Navigation Teams Staffing Model. 2013 Capstone for Department of Mathematics, USCGA. Faculty advisors: McGurer, M., Rushmeier, R. and Enkosky, T..
- Oredson, E., Smit, K., Speck, Z. and Toll, N. (2013). Air Station Atlantic City Operating Capability. 2013 Capstone for Department of Mathematics, USCGA. Faculty advisors: McLeavey, J. and McGurer, M.