If you are considering applying to a military service academy, interested in serving your country, and identify with the guardian ethos of the Coast Guard, then you should seriously consider attending AIM this summer!
Basic Eligibility: AIM is exclusively for students about to begin their senior year of high school. To apply, you should be:
- A U.S. citizen (dual citizenship is fine)
- Between 16 and 18 years of age
- Unmarried, not pregnant, and have no legal obligations to support anyone including a child
- Physically fit, in good health, with weight proportional to height
- Of good moral character
- Academically successful with demonstrated leadership skill and achievement outside the classroom
- Covered by health insurance during your AIM session
Contact the Admissions Office if you have any of these medical conditions, which might be disqualifying for AIM:
- Recent surgery and/or mobility problems
- Color blindness
- Current use of an inhaler
- Food or insect allergies
- Vision not correctable to 20/20
- Taking AD/HD medication or medication prescribed for mental health
All complete, on-time applications from eligible students will be personally reviewed by the Admissions staff. You will be notified of your status by May 1st.
Selection to AIM is based on leadership potential, personal character, academic and athletic achievement, plus your potential to contribute as a future cadet.
Because space is limited in each session, many young people are not selected to participate. Those not selected for AIM are strongly encouraged to apply for admission to the Academy and accept the Academy’s invitation for priority registration to the Fall Cadet for A Day overnight program.