Instructor, Electrical Engineering
U.S. Coast Guard Academy
LT Wyman was commissioned in the U. S. Coast Guard after graduating from the Coast Guard Academy in 2006 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering. His first assignment was as an Engineer Officer in Training and Damage Control Assistant on board CGC Reliance (WMEC-615) in Portsmouth, New Hampshire from June 2006 to May 2008. He then attended the University of Rhode Island, where he graduated in May 2010 with a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering. Following his graduate studies, LT Wyman was assigned to the Coast Guard C4IT Service Center at Coast Guard Headquarters where he served as the lead C4ISR Technical Authority for small boat acquisitions June 2010 to June 2014.
In the summer of 2014, LT Wyman returned to the Coast Guard Academy as an Instructor in Electrical Engineering.
- M.S.E.E., University of Rhode Island, 2010
- B.S.E.E., United States Coast Guard Academy, 2006
- Principles of Electronic Communications Systems
- Electrical Circuits and Machines Lab
- G. Wyman, P. Swaszek, R. Hartnett, “A USRP-Based Testbed for Navigation Education, Research, and Development” Proceedings of the 2010 International Technical Meeting of The Institute of Navigation, San Diego, CA, 25-27 January, 2010.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- National Marine Electronics Association (NMEA)