Department of Management
U.S. Coast Guard Academy
LT Young-McLear enlisted in the United States Coast Guard after being selected for the College Student Pre-Commissioning Initiative Program in 2003. After graduating from Florida A&M University, she completed Officer Candidate School in 2005. LT Young-McLear comes to the Coast Guard Academy from a previous special assignment at Department of Homeland Secretary Headquarters where she worked as a Special Assistant for the Deputy Secretary. She has held one Coast Guard assignment in Sector Prevention, and two assignments in Naval and Industrial Engineering.
- Ph.D., Systems Engineering, George Washington University, 2015
- M.S., Industrial Administration, Purdue University, 2009
- B.S., Industrial Engineering, Florida A&M University, 2005
- Introduction to Business
- Operations and Project Management
- Cybersecurity Crisis Management
- Public Management Consulting
- “Designing a Resilient Social Networking and Public Participation System (SNAPPS),” George Washington University, ProQuest, UMI Dissertations Publishing, 2015.
- “Large-Scale Disaster Response Management: Social Media and Homeland Security,” (with S. Sarkani & T. Mazzuchi) Social Media and the Transformation in Society. IGI Global Publishing (accepted 2014).
- “Incorporating Advanced Cognitive Requirements into the Systems Engineering Technical Management Process,” 23rd Annual INCOSE Symposium, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania June 2013.
- “Management Methods for Leveraging Capabilities of a Diverse Technical Workforce,” 2nd Annual Conference for Tristate Diversity and Leadership, New York, New York, May 2011.
- Meritorious Service Medal (2014)
- Commendation Medal (2013)
- Achievement Medal (2008, 2010)
- Excellence in Federal Career Award – Gold Level for Workforce Diversity (2012)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE)
- Academy of Management