Assistant Professor, Behavioral Science
U.S. Coast Guard Academy
Upon graduation from the Coast Guard Academy, ENS Parker reported to the CGC Tahoma in New Bedford, Massachusetts. Within months, Tahoma responded to New York Harbor and served as On Scene Commander for the response to the 9/11 World Trade Tower attacks.
Her next assignment was as a member of the District Eight Office of Law Enforcement responsible for providing law enforcement policy guidance and training to the units in the Gulf of Mexico and inland rivers. During this tour LT Parker responded to several catastrophic hurricanes including Katrina, Rita, and Ike.
Next, LT Parker served as Enforcement Chief at Sector Jacksonville, before reporting to the University of Georgia to pursue her MBA.
LCDR Parker joined the faculty at CGA in 2011.
- Masters of Business Administration, University of Georgia, 2011
- Master of Science, Engineering Management, University of New Orleans, 2006
- Bachelors of Science, Civil Engineering, U.S. Coast Guard Academy, 2001
- Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- Tragedy Onboard the Coast Guard Cutter Healy – A Case Study on the Importance of Effective Followership, May 2012 – Eastern Academy of Management
- 2010 Education Pioneers Fellow
- 2009 U.S. Department of Defense African American History Month Meritorious Service Medal
- 2006 Black Engineer of the Year – Technology Trailblazer Award
- National Naval Officers Association
- National Society of Black Engineers
- National Society of Women Engineers