Theresa M. McBride, MBA, Ph.D.
Theresa McBride graduated from the University of Baltimore (2002) with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Finance. She worked as an Auditor after receiving her undergraduate degree and then transitioned to Wells Fargo and became a Manager in Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities (RMBS). In 2007, Dr. McBride became a Franchisee of three 7-Eleven convenience stores/gas stations in Fort Collins, Colorado, where she earned her Master of Business Administration from Colorado University (2013). In 2013, she was awarded a 600th Anniversary Scholarship by the University of St. Andrews in Scotland, where she earned a Doctor of Philosophy in Management degree in 2017. While at St. Andrews, she was recruited and developed by Scottish Athletics to run long distances as part of Team Scotland. She has since worked as a consultant, and in higher education as an Assistant Professor of Management at Hawai’i Pacific University (2019 – 2021) and Lake Superior State University (2021- 2022). Dr. McBride enjoys participating in running events and spending time outdoors with her 15-year old Miniature Australian Shepherd.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Finance, University of Baltimore, 2002
- Master of Business Administration, Colorado State University, 2013
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of St. Andrews (U.K.), 2017
- Introduction to Business
- Organizational Behavior and Leadership
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Majeed, T.M. (2020). Evidence on Scottish Trade Union Members’ Job Dissatisfaction.
Global Journal of Business Research, vol. 14(1).
- Majeed, T.M. (2020). Evidence on Trade Union Members’ Dissatisfaction with Inequalities at a Scottish University.
International Journal of Business and Applied Social Science, vol. 6(1).
- Majeed, T.M. (2019). ‘Evidence on Scottish Trade Union Members’ Dissatisfaction and Organizational Climate’.
The International Journal of Management, vol. 4(3).
- Majeed, T.M. (2020). ‘Evidence on Scottish Trade Union Members’ Dissatisfaction and Expectations at a Scottish University’.
International Journal of Business and Applied Social Science, vol. 6(3).
- Research student presenter: the ‘Speed Dating Master Class’ with Professor Erik Olin Wright (University of Wisconsin-Madison, international expert in class inequalities), as part of the Rosemary Crompton Lecture Memorial Series, hosted by the City University London, 19 March 2015 – 20 March 2015.
- ‘Unpacking the Effects of Trade Union Membership on Job Satisfaction’, Scottish Graduate School of Social Science Business and Management Pathway PhD Colloquium, “Social scientists at large: achieving impact in and outside of academia”, King’s College Conference Centre, University of Aberdeen, April 2015.
- ‘Unpacking the Effects of Trade Union Membership on Job Satisfaction’, research paper, British Academy of Management Doctoral Symposium, University of Ulster, Belfast, September 2014.
- ‘Unpacking the Effects of Trade Union Membership on Job Satisfaction’, research paper, Scottish Doctoral Training Centre Business and Management Pathway Colloquium, Stirling Management Centre, University of Stirling, April 2014.