Briana Jewczyn, M.S.
Briana Jewczyn earned a B.S. in Civil Engineering from the Coast Guard Academy in 2003. After graduation, she served as Damage Control Assistant aboard USCGC Jarvis (WHEC 725) in Honolulu, Hawaii. In 2005, Ms. Jewczyn reported to Training Center Cape May’s Facilities Engineering Division. There she wrote design specifications for large construction projects at TRACEN. In 2008, Ms. Jewczyn was selected for the Academy Instructor Program in Physics and attended Yale University for her Master’s of Science in Applied Physics. Ms. Jewczyn joined the faculty of USCGA in 2010.
- MS Engineering & Applied Science, Applied Physics, Yale University Graduate School 2010
- BS Civil Engineering, US Coast Guard Academy 2003
- Physics I
- Physics II
- Instructor Development Course
- Summer Math
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Page, E.J.; Allen, L.A.; James, R.W.; Jewczyn, B.; Jones, S.B.; Paolino, R.N.; Stutzman, B.S., “A fully revised introductory physics sequence,” Integrated STEM Education Conference (ISEC), 2013 IEEE , vol., no., pp.1-4, 9-9 March 2013.
- B. Jewczyn, E. Page, L. Allen, R. James, S. Jones, R. Paolino and B. Stutzman, “Writing in physics.” Integrated STEM Education Conference (ISEC), 2013 IEEE , vol., no., pp.1-4, 9-9 March 2013.
- B. Stutzman, E. Page and B. Jewczyn, “Active engagement and cooperative learning in Physics at the United States Coast Guard Academy,” In Integrated STEM Education Conference (ISEC), 2012 IEEE 2nd, 1-4 (2012).
- B. Jewczyn, S. Jones, E. Page, “Simulated Poster Session as a (Semi-) Authentic Learning Experience.” Integrated STEM Education Conference (ISEC), 2014 IEEE , accepted.
- CG Commendation Medal (2)
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- CG Achievement Medal
- CG Meritorious Unit Commendation Ribbon
- CG Meritorious Team Commendation Ribbon
- CG Commandant Letter of Commendation Ribbon
- CG “E” Ribbon
- National Defense Service Medal
- CG Special Ops Service Ribbon
- CG Presidential Unit Citation
- CG Sea Service Ribbon