Alexandria Bass is a 2013 graduate of the Coast Guard Academy’s Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering program. She has served aboard the Coast Guard Cutter Rush as part of the decommissioning crew and the Coast Guard Cutter Sherman. She also served as the lead dry dock project manager for the Small Boat Product Line. She joined the Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering faculty in May 2020. She lives in East Lyme, Connecticut with her husband. She enjoys horseback riding and photography in her spare time.
- M.S., Fire Protection Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 2020
- Graduate Certificate, Nuclear Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, 2017
- B.S., Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, U.S. Coast Guard Academy, 2013
- Ships and Maritime Systems
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Walker, C., Stock, K., Fell, A., Suggs, S., “Design of an Arctic Offshore Supply Vessel (AOSV), AMMANIQ”. SNAME Transactions. 121: 458-463.
- SNAME Undergraduate Paper Award, 2013
- Society of Fire Protection Engineers; Member
- Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers