Apply to AIM
If you are considering applying to a military service academy, interested in serving your country and identify with the guardian ethos of the Coast Guard, then you should apply for AIM.
AIM is exclusively for students about to begin their senior year of high school. To apply, you should be:
- A U.S. citizen (dual citizenship is fine)
- Between 16 and 18 years of age
- Unmarried, not pregnant, and have no legal obligations to support anyone including a child
- Physically fit, in good health, with weight proportional to height
- Of good moral character
- Academically successful with demonstrated leadership skill and achievement outside the classroom
Application is free and online. Please have the following items handy when you start your application:
- Your Bears Den login credentials (if you don’t have them, you will be prompted to create login credentials)
- The name, address, and email address of a guidance counselor who will be asked to submit a recommendation. Recommendations not received by deadline will be waived due to the disruption many high schools are currently experiencing because of covid-19 closures.
- Scanned copy of your recent high school transcript
- Standardized test scores (optional)
If you are using a Macintosh with Safari as the browser and encounter difficulties, shift to Firefox. For technical assistance, please call 860-444-8503.
Because space is limited, some applicants are not selected to participate in AIM.
Those not selected for AIM are encouraged to accept the Academy’s invitation for priority registration to the fall season Cadet for a Day overnight program.