Lieutenant Commander Jason B. Veara is an Instructor of Electrical Engineering and Cyber Systems at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy. He has a M.S. in Telecommunications form George Mason University, and a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from the U.S. Coast Guard Academy.
LCDR Veara reported to USCGA in May 2020 after a tour at the Command Control and Communications Engineering Center (C3CEN) in Portsmouth, VA. As the Electronic Navigation Division Lead, he was responsible for the development, fielding, maintenance, and support of the electronic charting display system on all Coast Guard Cutters and Boats.
His previous duty assignments the USCGC VENTUROUS (WMEC 625) in St. Petersburg, FL and CG Sector Miami in Miami Beach, FL.
- M.S., Telecommunications, George Mason University
- B.S., U.S. Coast Guard Academy
- Capstone Projects in Electrical Engineering
- Capstone Projects in Cyber Systems
- Cyber Systems Advanced Research
- Introduction to Cyber Technology
- Electric Circuits and Machines
- Cybersecurity Certification Prep Course
Honors and Awards
- Coast Guard Commendation Medal
- Coast Guard Achievement Medal
- Coast Guard Commandant Letter of Commendation with Operational Distinguishing Device
- 2016-2017 George Mason University Chairman’s Award for Academic excellence
- Certified Information System Security Professional, CISSP
- Member, International Information System Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2
- DHS Program Manager lvl 1
- Contracting Officer Representative lvl 3