Zachary Kudlak, Ph.D.
Dr. Kudlak has been teaching in the math department at the US Coast Guard Academy since 2017. He enjoys volunteering with the cadet marathon club and encouraging both cadets and colleagues to go for a run whenever possible. He has served as an officer in both the Faculty Senate as well as the Faculty Union.
- Ph.D. Mathematics, University of Rhode Island
- M.S. Mathematics, University of Rhode Island
- Calculus I
- Multivariable Calculus
- Discrete Math
- Linear Optimization
- Linear Algebra
- Probability Theory
- Mathematical Statistics
- Statistical Learning
- Operations Analysis
Selected Publications and Presentations
- P. Vernon and Z. Kudlak, Boundedness of Solutions of xn+1 = (a′n+b′nyn)/(C′nxn) and yn+1 = (an+bnxn+cnyn)/(An+Bnxn+Cnyn) with Non-constant Coefficients, Advances in Discrete Dynamical Systems, Difference Equations, and Applications, (2023)
- P. Vernon and Z. Kudlak, Unbounded rational systems with nonconstant coefficients, Nonautonomous Dynamical Systems, Vol. 9 (2022), No. 1, p 307-316.
- Y. Kostrov and Z. Kudlak, On a Second-Order Rational Difference Equation with Quadratic Terms, Part II, Progress on Difference Equations and Discrete Dynamical Systems, (2020).
- Y. Kostrov, Z. Kudlak, and P. Vernon, On the Boundedness Character of a Rational System of Difference Equations with Non-Constant Coefficients, Difference Equations and Discrete Dynamical Systems with Applications, (2019).
- Y. Kostrov and Z. Kudlak, On a Second-Order Rational Difference Equation with a Quadratic Term, International Journal of Difference Equations, Vol. 11 (2016) No. 2, p 179 – 202.
- Y. Kostrov and Z. Kudlak, On a First Order Rational System of Difference Equations with Non-Constant Coefficients, Communication in Applied Nonlinear Analysis, Vol. 22 (2015), No. 3, p 1 – 24.
- Z. Kudlak, Z. Teymuroglu, and C. Yerger, Alternative resources for funding and supporting undergraduate research, Involve, Vol. 7 (2014), No. 3, p. 377-382.
- E. Drymonis, Y. Kostrov, and Z. Kudlak, On Rational Difference Equations with Periodic Coefficients, International Journal of Difference Equations, Vol. 7 (2012), No. 1, p. 19 – 34.
- M. Bellavia, E. Camouzis, Z. Kudlak, and G. Ladas, On the Boundedness Character of Rational Equations, Part 3, Journal of Difference Equations and Applications, Vol. 13 (2007), No. 6, p. 479 – 524.
- Nonlinear difference equations, natural language processing
- 2019 Superintendent’s Award for Excellence
- 2018 Center for Advanced Studies Summer Fellowship
- 2011 Project NExT Fellow
- International Society of Difference Equations