Matthew (Matt) F. Keblis, Ph.D.
Matthew F. Keblis is head of the Management Department at the United States Coast Guard Academy. Prior to joining the Coast Guard, he was a faculty member in the Industrial Distribution Program at Texas A&M University. He has also served on the business school faculties of Macquarie University, the University of Dallas, the University of Wyoming, and Texas A&M University. In addition, he has been an employee of or consultant to many organizations including Air Products and Chemicals, Amazon.com, RAND, Toyota, and the US Navy. Currently, he conducts research on dynamic pricing, inventory management, and workforce planning.
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, University of Chicago, 1986
- Master of Science in Operations Research, Illinois Institute of Technology, 1989
- PhD in Industrial & Operations Engineering, University of Michigan, 1995
- Introduction to Management and Business
- Research Methods
- Operations and Project Management
- Public Management Consulting
- Supply Chain Management
Professional Certifications. Affiliations, and Memberships
- Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
Honors and Awards
- Center for Advanced Studies Summer Fellowship 2021, 2022
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Xu, J., M.F. Keblis, Y. Feng, S.X. Zhou, “Optimal replenishment and transshipment management with two locations,” Naval Research Logistics, 70 (2023), 305-319.
- Chang, Y., M.F. Keblis, R. Li, E. Iakovou and C.C. White, “Misinformation and disinformation in modern warfare,” Operations Research, 70 (2022), 1577-1597.
- Chang, Y., L. Sun, M.F. Keblis and J. Yang, “Uniform-price auctions in staffing for self-scheduling service,” IISE Transactions, 53 (2021), 719-734.