Company Officers and Chiefs
Company Officers and Chiefs supervise and oversee the professional development of cadets. With a focus on teaching, mentoring and advising, these mentors train cadets in interpersonal skills, leadership, fitness, conduct, ethics and military performance.
Each of the eight companies has a Company Officer and Chief assigned. The officers focus on working with 1st and 2nd class cadets, while the chiefs primarily work with the underclass 3rd and 4th class cadets within their respective company.
By their personal example, Company Officers and Chiefs set the highest standards of appearance, professionalism and conduct, helping to shape the future of Coast Guard leadership.
- Influence and inspire cadets through their 200-week program to develop fleet-ready ensigns who are leaders of character
- Provide feedback, assist with reflection and ultimately create growth in Coast Guard leadership competencies and Coast Guard core values
- Incorporate the LEAD strategy into daily interactions
- Have a holistic view when partnering with the Guide to Officer Leadership Development (GOLD) team to increase cadet confidence and character
- Role-model effective officer-enlisted working relationships
- Allow cadets to experience the weight of responsibility and the results of their decisions
- Recognize that success will be the journey