To increase the effectiveness of governance in the Arctic by promoting research and academic thought, broadening collaborative partnerships, and educating future leaders about the complexities of this unique region.
- Pursue rigorous academic research on ocean/maritime and Arctic policy and strategy
- Facilitate collaboration and partnerships among the Coast Guard, other federal agencies, academia, and the Arctic and international communities
- Provide a venue to host visiting scholars and military and civilian experts
- Educate future Coast Guard officers
Executive Director – Tony Russell, Captain, U.S. Coast Guard (Ret.)
Fellows are appointed to CASP to support and carry out its mission.
- Dr. Lawson W. Brigham
- James B. Ellis, III
- Dr. Rebecca Pincus
- Vice Admiral Roger T. Rufe, Jr.
Center for Arctic Study and Policy